Join Our Team
We’ve always got our eye out for PR and social media pros with experience specific to the hospitality industry (agency a plus), and the national media and influencer contacts that coincide. If you’re in Denver, or looking to make a move soon, shoot us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re not here or looking to make a move, we are still open to chatting, especially if you reside in a major media market like NYC.
PR & Social Media Intern
B Public Relations will next be seeking an undergraduate student preparing for a career in public relations to support the agency for the 2019 winter (January-March) semester. The ideal candidate will be available to work approximately 20 hours per week, or more if available, in exchange for college credit. Interns will support both the traditional PR and digital teams at BPR, gaining experience in media relations, press material drafting, reporting, content creation, influencer relations and event management. The intern will report directly to a team member at the agency, receiving regular mentoring and career development advice.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Manage daily client coverage monitoring, clipping and media placement reports.
- Assist in the development of weekly, monthly and quarterly PR reports, as needed.
- Conduct research surrounding past client and competitor media and influencer coverage.
- Help compile new client discovery and competitive analysis documents.
- Research niche affinity groups for possible client partnership opportunities.
Influencer & Media Relations, Social Media Support:
- Create media lists using Cision and conduct media pitching for select clients.
- Create media and influencer briefing documents, for events and hosting opportunities, as assigned.
- Draft press kit documents, as well as news releases and pitches.
- Manage internal media event RSVP lists.
- Coordinate/staff/attend media and influencer events.
Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Enrolled in an accredited university, and working toward a bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations or a related field, OR recently graduated with a degree in marketing, public relations or a related field.
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills, and working knowledge of AP Style.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational abilities, ability to coordinate detailed projects concurrently.
- An interest in the field of PR, especially within tourism and restaurant industries.
- Interest and willingness to learn!