Q&A WITH OUR NEWEST TEAM MEMBER, CATIE
We are excited to announce the addition of Catie Mayer to the team, as account coordinator. Catie initially joined BPR as an intern in January 2015, and she made such a fantastic impression that we had to keep her with us full-time. Catie is a recent graduate of the University of Colorado Boulder, with a B.A. in Journalism and an emphasis in Public Relations and Communication.
Prior to joining B Public Relations, Catie was an intern at Blake Communications, assisting with public relations efforts for the 2014 Cherry Creek Arts Festival. She also served as communications director for BOCO Fit, a Lagree Fitness studio in Boulder. A Colorado native, Catie will support BPR with results reporting, as well as client and project management and media relations.
Catie loves exploring new places, whether through traveling or trying a new restaurant, and is attempting to learn to cook. An animal lover, she debates daily whether or not to adopt a dog, and she will likely cave any day now.
Of all your job responsibilities, which one do you enjoy the most?
- I love any opportunity to get creative, such as branding or brainstorming for special events or contests. It also fun when we get a new client and complete a “discovery,” i.e. researching and developing strategy.
What made you decide to pursue Journalism in college?
- I’ve loved storytelling since a young age, and I remember being fascinated by the anchors when my parents would watch the nightly news. I was interested in the Journalism and Mass Communication Program at CU because it was smaller than the other colleges within the university and really unique; I’m proud to have been a part of it.
What was your favorite thing about attending school in Boulder?
- Boulder has so many great small businesses. There’s always a new restaurant, fitness studio or shop to try, and I love that kind of environment.
What is your favorite happy hour spot?
- The Med in Boulder has a legendary happy hour with a huge tapas menu, but I also really enjoy Linger. There are so many spots in Denver I’m still dying to check out!
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go right now?
- Europe. I’ve never been!
Any secret talents we should know about?
- I have a knack for remembering things based on what I was wearing at the time.
We are fortunate to live in such a beautiful state. What is your favorite place to visit?
- I love Estes Park in the fall. It’s a short drive, the colors are gorgeous and the Stanley Hotel is great.
What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?
- I’m really a planner by nature. I should go do something spontaneous now! Stay tuned.
Is there a specific destination at the top of your travel list?
- I’ve heard Cinque Terre, Italy is gorgeous, and I’d also like to see San Francisco sometime soon.