Join Our Team
We’ve always got our eye out for PR and social media pros with experience specific to the hospitality industry (agency a plus), and the national media and influencer contacts that coincide. If you’re in Denver, or looking to make a move soon, shoot us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re not here or looking to make a move, we are still open to chatting, especially if you reside in a major media market like NYC.
B Public Relations has an immediate opening for an Account Executive to support its media relations team’s travel and culinary accounts. 3-5 years previous PR job experience required (agency and/or travel/food and beverage industry preferred); applicants without direct PR experience will not be considered, nor will recent grads.
BPR offers a fun and flexible work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply, send resume and cover letter (Pitch us! Why should we inlcude you in our story?) to email@example.com. This is an immediate opening, so preference will be given to applicants who are quick to respond. No calls, please.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or a related field, and 3-5 years of experience. Tourism or hospitality industry, and/or agency experience, a plus.
- Media relationships with lifestyle, travel, food and beverage beat writers, editors and freelancers, regionally and nationally.
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills; proficiency in AP Style.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; collaborative nature.
- Proven ability to secure consistent, high quality media coverage.
- Creative thinker, who loves coming up with new ideas, or improving upon the tried-and-true.
- Proactive and organized; must have strong ability to balance multiple projects concurrently, prioritize, and take ownership of projects and relationships.
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Occasional flexibility to work nights and weekends.
- Knowledge of and experience using Cision, as well as key social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn,TripAdvisor and Yelp.
- Strong knowledge of the tourism industry, as well as knowledge of travel, culinary and other target media outlets.
- Bilingual, knowledge of food and wine and love of travel are all a bonus!
DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as day-to-day lead on client accounts, under the direction of agency principals; work with clients to maintain consistent communication, solve problems and provide strategic insight.
- Work with agency team and partners to develop effective strategy and produce consistent results, specifically within the area of media relations.
- Manage execution of account strategy, meeting and beating deadlines and anticipating client needs.
- Attend and lead in-person meetings and events with clients; coordinate and staff media events.
- Manage clients’ online reputation (TripAdvisor, Yelp, Facebook, etc.), as applicable.
- Keep abreast of each client’s industry, trends, competition and related media coverage.
- Monitor, collect, track, evaluate and create reports on public relations tactics and competitive activity – weekly, monthly and quarterly – as needed.
- Identify, develop and maintain successful relationships with key media, locally, regionally and nationally; leverage relationships to generate strong client results.
- Oversee the development of annual campaign strategy.
- Write press kit documents, pitches, blogs, advertorial and other PR and marketing collateral.
- Develop and manage media lists, editorial calendars and more, using Cision.
Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Understand social media and influencer relations, and identify ways to integrate both into traditional communication strategies.
- Support and help generate new business development.